Vegan Immune Boosting Smoothie Bowl
This immune boosting smoothie bowl is perfect anytime of year. A great smoothie in the summer. And a nice winter pick me up when trapped in an office of germs all day. If you know then you know. But if you don’t know, about three years ago I was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia. This is a cancer of the blood that has a five year life span. Or so they say. I chose to get high intensity chemotherapy treatment for six months. Fast forward through the hair loss, drug rashes, numerous blood transfusions and I am in remission.
I make a high priority to take care of my body. Diet is a very important factor to staying healthy. That is why I am sharing this amazing immune boosting smoothie bowl recipe! I eat this two or three times a week and it never gets old.
I will admit I am somewhat addicted to smoothie bowls but this is by far my favorite recipe! For a blender I use the Nutri Ninja Smoothie Blender.
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- 1/4 cup (frozen) pineapple
- 1/4 cup (frozen) mango
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1/4 almond milk
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp milled flaxseed
- Coconut chips, granola, mixed fruits and greek yogurt are all optional additions
- Start by placing your liquids and banana into blender.
- Add spinach, turmeric and cinnamon.
- Add frozen fruit on on top and place lid on blender.
- Depending on blender settings, blend on high for 60 secs.
- If fruits in the blender seem like they are not going anywhere add more liquid of your choice.
- After 60 seconds are complete check the consistency. If it is not smooth enough place back on blender and pulse for a few seconds at a time till the desired consistency is reached.
- Pour all contents out of blender into a bowl and top with you choice of toppings.
- I enjoy coconut chips and granola!
- This recipe tastes just fine poured into your favorite glass to be drank like a regular smoothie as well!