Black Pepper & Parmesan Kale Salad Recipe
It took some time for me to find any enjoyment eating kale. Once I read about all the health benefits it has I made a stronger effort to place it into my diet. Turns out I was eating it totally wrong! Kale has a natural rubbery consistency that is almost hard to swallow. The only way I liked to eat it was if I roasted it into kale chips (so yummy and will be posting the recipe soon). But then my life changed when my aunt gave me one simple trick that made raw kale so much better.
The key to eating raw kale is to massage it with olive oil prior to adding anything else.
Just by taking those extra five minutes to do so changes the entire game. It is good tossed in with mixed greens or a good tabouli salad but I recently played around with some inspiration from a local food truck and came up with a super easy but extremely healthy snack.
- Chopped kale with stems removed
- 1 tbs olive olive
- 1/2 of a lemon
- Pinch or two of black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbs shredded parmesan cheese
- Gently massage olive oil onto kale leaves with your fingers under leaves feel soft and are fully coated with oil and place into mixing bowl.
- Squeeze all the lemon juice out of the half of lemon.
- Add black pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese and toss!
- Serve and enjoy! So simple yet so rewarding!